Barnstable County Correctional Facility
The Barnstable County Correctional Facility maintains an inmate visiting plan which is designed to facilitate visits between inmates and their family and friends, to accommodate visits between inmates and their attorneys, and to maximize hours during which visits are permitted.
General Rules and Regulations Regarding Visits
A complete listing of rules and regulations can be found posted in the visiting waiting area in the Lobby area of the BCCF. All inmates are required to fill out a Visitor Pre-Approval form during the intake process. This form allows for all inmates to have a maximum of five (5) visitors pre-approved through our Special Operations department to visit within the facility. Any visitor not listed on this form at the time of a visit will not be allowed to visit. If you are visiting the facility for the first time you are required to fill out a Request to Visit Inmate card which can be obtained in the Visiting Lobby of the BCCF. The information you provide will be used to determine whether you are approved or denied for future visitation privileges.
PLEASE NOTE: In no case is the determination made the same day you submit the Request to Visit Inmate card.
All visitors shall produce a current photographic I.D. (i.e. State Driver’s License). Exceptions to this rule may only be made by the Sheriff, Special Sheriff, Superintendent Deputy Superintendent, Assistant Deputy Superintendents or the Director of Security.
Two (2) adults, with one (1) child or one (1) adult with two children may visit an inmate at the same time, provided they register together with the Visit Reception Officer. Persons under eighteen (18) years of age will not be allowed to visit unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and meet the following provisions:
- Proof of the minor’s relationship to the inmate. A birth certificate or adoption papers must be presented at each visit.
- In the absence of a parent or legal guardian, a visit for a minor child or sibling may be granted. Minors are allowed to visit their parent, step-parent, grandparent, legal guardian, or sibling. Prior to a visit being granted, an approved permission to visit form, available in the Visits Lobby area, from the parent or legal guardian must be submitted to the Superintendent or his/her designee. The form must specify the child’s name, the person authorized to bring the minor into the facility, the inmate’s name and the signature of the parent or legal guardian submitting the form. The form must be notarized by a Notary Public commissioned by the state of Massachusetts . This notarized letter must be presented by the visitor at each time of visit.
Visitor Guidelines for the Visiting Room
Disruptive Behavior – Loud or abusive language will not be tolerated
Physical Contact – No physical contact is allowed
Fighting or Disruptive Conduct – Actions which disrupt the visiting room will not be tolerated and will result in the termination of the visit.
Contraband – Nothing shall be passed or given to the inmate by the visitor without permission of the Lobby Officer or his/her designee.
Under the influence – Visitors who appear under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to visit.
Children– Visitors shall be responsible for their children at all times.
Dress Code – Any persons wearing inappropriate clothing and/or outfits will not be allowed to visit. The following is NOT acceptable for visitors:
1. Sweatpants, sweatshirts w/ hoods
2. Fatigue or camouflage clothing
3. Gym and/or exercise type shorts
4. Bare midriff or muscle shirts / tank tops
5. Clothing similar to that issued to an inmate or uniformed personnel
6. Hats, hair wraps, or other hair / head coverings
7. Jackets, coats or similar outer garments
8. Exercise / dance fashion (i.e. tights, leotards, leggings, body suits etc. that are worn lone as an outfit)
9. Halter tops, bare midriff shirts, and tank tops
10. Sleeveless shirts or those that expose the back beyond the upper shoulder area
11. Sheer clothing without undergarments
12. Bathing suits
13. Low cut / revealing clothing or form fitting attire
14. Dress, shorts, skirts that exceed 3" above the knee
15. Skirt with slits exceeding 3" above the knee
Any visitor wearing questionable clothing not covered on the above list shall not be allowed into the facility. Also, no inmate shall be allowed to visit unless they are appropriately dressed in the clothing of their unit.
All inmates, male and female, shall be allowed 2 visiting periods, (one hour per visit) plus Thanksgiving and Christmas. A maximum of four visitors may visit per day per inmate, no more than two visits at any one time, in the one hour span.
ALL VISITORS MUST BE REGISTERED 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE START OF THE VISITING HOUR
TUESDAY: 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
SATURDAY: 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
TUESDAY: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
SATURDAY: 10:50 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
TUESDAY: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
SATURDAY: 9:40 a.m. - 10:40 a.m. & 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
D & E Pod
WEDNESDAY: 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. & 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
SATURDAY: 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
WEDNESDAY: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
SATURDAY: 2:50 p.m. - 3:50 p.m.
WEDNESDAY: 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
SATURDAY: 1:40 p.m. - 2:40 p.m.
THURSDAY: 5:40 p.m. - 6:40 p.m. & 6:50 p.m. - 7:50 p.m.
SUNDAY: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
THURSDAY: 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
SUNDAY: 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. & 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
THURSDAY: 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
SATURDAY: 7:15 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
FRIDAY: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
SUNDAY: 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
CHRISTMAS and THANKSGIVING
HOUSE 1 (Pods A, B, C): Saturday Morning Schedule
HOUSE 2 (Pods D, E, G, H): Saturday Afternoon Schedule
HOUSE 3 (Pods J, K, M): 5:40 p.m. - 6:40 p.m. and 6:50 p.m. - 7:50 p.m.
POD L (PRC): 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.