The Barnstable County Sheriff’s Office is currently seeking an experienced and well-motivated person for their Radio Technical Division. As a Radio Technician you would be responsible for the installation, maintaining and repairing the Communications Equipment, Telecommunications Systems, Electronic Security and related public safety and law enforcement equipment. This individual shall have comprehensive experience in public safety radio systems in all frequency bands, as well as the latest dispatch console technology, radio control and signaling systems, telephone systems, computer networks, CCTV and CATV.
- Minimum of a current FCC General Class Radio Telephone License or Industry Equivalent.
- Minimum two year’s experience in the installation, troubleshooting to the component level and repair of, mobile, portable, and fixed end, AM and FM Two-way radio equipment operating in the VHF Low, VHF High, UHF and 800 MHz and higher radio bands, both analog and digital. Radio control and signaling systems, alarm signaling, data control systems, microprocessor and IP based radio dispatch consoles and other equipment related to the public safety communications industry.
- Minimum two years’ experience with the installation and maintenance CCTV and CATV systems.
- Minimum two years’ experience in the troubleshooting and diagnosis of DC and Tone remote radio control systems.
- A valid Massachusetts Driver’s License.
Apply online at
The Barnstable County Sheriff’s Office is seeking individuals interested in starting a career in emergency communications. This per diem entry level position is responsible for operating the radio interface between ambulances and the hospitals. Primary job duties include answering a telephone, using a public safety radio, and entering data in to a computer. All necessary training will be provided once hired. This position may lead to a full time opportunity in the Communications Division. Computer proficiency, attention to detail, good typing skills (30 wpm), the ability to multi-task, and the ability to work well under pressure are all essential to the position. AA/EEO qualifications: CPR certificate required. 40 hour Public Safety Telecommunicator certificate desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Barnstable County Sheriff’s Office is an equal employment opportunity employer. NO person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or military status.
Affirmative Action: The Barnstable County Sheriff’s Office abides by all State and Federal guidelines on affirmative action.
Harassment: The Barnstable County Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment. Harassment based on race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability, or sexual harassment will not be tolerated under any circumstance. Any statements or actions which constitute harassment are in violation of Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 151B and will not be tolerated.